Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bend Over & Cough...


I started summer school yesterday. Medical Terminology. The class is very interesting because now I am learning what all the abbreviations are on medical records n stuff plus I am learning all the suffixes and prefixes are. I feel very comfortable in the class, but it will be hard because I have a TON of stuff to memorize. Plus it is summer school so it is half the time of a regular semester so I have to cram extra fast, but I shall be victorious! At least I hope I will. I hope my brain will keep the stuff I am cramming in. I still think all the drugs I did in my youth has affected my memory.
Went to Redding for work last week for a couple of days. Stayed with my old friend Marsia and her family. Had fun catching up. Felt really old because her daughter is 13 which was the age I was when I met Marsia. Her girls are gorgeous, being a mixture of Filipino and red headed Irish. I hope to get up there more so I can visit. Geez, I've known her for 20 years. Man, do I feel old.
Tomorrow would've been my aunts 50th birthday. Trying not to think about it too much. Saturday we are going to have a birthday party for her. I can cry then.
Father's day is this weekend too, so I can be sad about not talking to my dad. At least I have a bunch of homework to do to take my mind off of a very emotionally exhausting weekend.

3 comments:

Count Mockula said...

Wow, you're right; that will be emotionally exhausting. Do take care of yourself.

And you're going to kick summer school's ass just like you've kicked regular school's ass!

Monkey Girl Crafts said...

You are going to rule the school. And it will be fun, I took that class in high school and all the ectomy and what nots is fun.

hang in there kiddo.

monkeygirl aka jenny

Anonymous said...

miss you..i envy your education..you will ROCK, slap your mom on her ass for me..

luv you

evil betty