Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I got more rhymes than Phyllis Diller

I am sad to hear that MCA has a cancerous tumor that needs to be taken out but at least they say it isn't serious so hopefully he will have more time to have more rhymes than Phyllis Diller. While I was watching the video all I could think was "When did the Beastie Boys get so old?" Don't get me wrong, I'd still jump Ad-Rock in a hot second, grey hair, scruffy beard & all. Still hot after all these years but they are looking old. I'm afraid to look up to see how old they actually are.

In other news, it's been 6 weeks as of yesterday that I had my last sweet cigarette. It still totally sucks, but at least I'm off the patches. The thankswarming went wonderfully. I made dolmathes & tzatziki with Drummergirls help & they came out delicious! It was the first time I made them without my aunt so I am glad they came out edible. I will tweak the recipe just a bit to make them a little better. On Sunday my cousin came over with her daughters & we all made Galaktoboureko. It turned out delicious. I had no clue it had cream of wheat in it. Too bad Mockula is out of town or else I would've dropped off a big slab for her.

I'm off of my antibiotics now & my nose is a little bit better but not cured. I'm afraid I need the surgery again. I don't have insurance so this makes me really sad because it will be probably years before I can breathe again. It gets so frustrating not being able to breathe correctly. Sometimes it makes me so frustrated I want to cry & scrape my sinuses out myself. Oh well. Just have to live with the constant blowing of my nose until I get insurance which won't be for at least 3 years unless I get married or something before then... Who is the patron saint of sinuses? Maybe I can light a candle for them or take out a prayer ad in the pennysaver...

2 comments:

Count Mockula said...

Oh, man, I LOVE galaktoboureko, and I'm stuck in Boone, Iowa eating at the Hickory Park. Maybe for a treat we'll head over to Ames and go to Applebee's!

Sorry about your nose.

Umbrella said...

Yeah, I'm way late on this. Actually, did you see the bit with Triumph the Insult Dog about the Beastie Boys? He was dogging on them about how old they looked too.