Monday, December 31, 2007

"At least I'm not this guy" or "End of year thoughts"


Well for the most part, 2007 sucked big hairy ass. I witnessed my aunt dying a painful death from cancer. I broke up with my douche-bag boyfriend. I am poor. On the bright side (because I always try to look on the bright side of life [whistles]) I was able to help my aunt live out the rest of her days with dignity and not in a home. She was able to pass away in her home. I also was fortunate to spend lots of time with her and she shared her dying experience with me. She also inspired me to go back to school to become a nurse. I got straight A's my first semester back even though she passed half way through the semester. I am poor, but I will be making lots of money as soon as I graduate. I dumped my douche-bag ex that is a good thing anyway I look at it. I also got to share in the wedding of Mr. & Mrs. Drummergirl and had a blast doing all of it even if there were no unicorns. I am also very happy and excited for Mockula and the impending arrival of little Peapod. Life does and is going on. I hope 2008 is a bit more low key and filled with more happy times. No matter how hard this last year was, at least I'm not this guy.... Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Count Mockula said...

Aw, Pollyanna, now you sound like me!! I'm glad you're able to see all the good that came in a very tough year.