Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 2 or 3....whatever...


I am on day 2 of not smoking. Well, really my third day of not smoking, because I didn't smoke Monday, but Tuesday the monkey hopped back on my back. This sucks. I figured out some rough math to make myself stick to quitting... I have been smoking since I was 17. That is smoking on a regular basis. I smoked occasionally before then, but it was to look cool. That is a total of 16.75 years of smoking, which breaks down to roughly 6383 days. If I average 10 cigarettes per day on average, I smoked 63,830 cigarettes which is about 3,191.5 packs I purchased. At the first 1,000 at $2, the second 1,000 at $3 & so forth up to the current price of $5 a pack, I've spent roughly $10,000 on killing myself & trying to be cool..... When I look back at why I started I guess it started as a child because both my parents smoked. They smoked in the house & in the car with us. It was the 70's & 80's so it was the norm. As I got into high school, I did it to be cool, plus I love the line in one Soundgarden song about "Sharing a cigarette with negativity". Yes I was all about grunge. After high school I worked at Tower where in order to have a break & to fit in with everyone you smoked. After that, I was hooked. It was actually at tower where I switched from mostly cloves to cigarettes because the rest of the staff who smoked hated the way they smell & made me start smoking regular cigarettes. I can agree because clove smoke makes me sick now. I can say that I was always loyal to Marlboro. Never switched brands, just types. Started with Marlboro lights, then to Marlboro light 100s, then back to Marlboro lights & ending up with Marlboro ultra lights 100's. All in the box. Well, I guess that is it for my bitchy post/dear John post to quitting smoking. I'm going to go find a retarded kid to beat using a baby seal now....

1 comment:

noodle said...

Si se puede!