Thursday, February 09, 2006

Funny, a blog not about my butt..

I got an Ipod Nano for X-mas from my mom. It’s a 4GB & holds roughly 1,000 songs. Now I thought this would be enough for me when I go on my trip, but now that I have only half of my music collection that I deem necessary & even those are select songs, my little Ipod is full. I have a huge stack of cds that need to be burned, but no room. For the last 2 weeks I have been going through my Ipod & deleting songs that may not be necessary. Can I see myself running to catch a train in some eastern European country listening to Depeche Mode’s “Something to do”? Yes, yes I can. That is the problem. How much Depeche Mode is enough? Do I really need 20 songs? I already cut down my Cure list to 5 from about 3 albums & that isn’t including “Disintegration” which is my favorite. It already hurt to cut down my Tori Amos list. Next on the chopping block is Billie Holliday. Do I really need 15 songs from her? Yes, Yes I do…. Damn..

3 comments:

Count Mockula said...

I feel your pain! I was ripping every CD I own in alphabetical order, and when I got to David Bowie, my memory was 60% used!!! So I severely cut back on things like Laurie Anderson and Boiled in Lead and then only added the necessities after that. I'm very seriously considering getting an external hard drive to contain the rest of my music.

gynagirl said...

I am up to James Brown & it hurts. It hurts my soul.

David Tellez said...

You should probably just switch your iPod Nano to another iPod...like the 40 GB which holds 10,000 songs. I had the nano for like a day, and I returned it the next because it was just too small. I mean sure, it'll probably take me 2 years to listen to all the songs I have on there, but it's nice to know I can do that!