Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm freakin' out, man...

I can't believe in less than 4 months I am going to be unemployed & thousands of miles away from my family & friends. I am seriously freaking out about not having a job. I’ve been employed since I was 16. Before that I had to work summers & babysat in the evenings. I’ve never not had a job. Freaking out man. I am sure I’ll be okay while I am lying on some Mediterranean beach somewhere drinking Restina & watching the world go by, but right now while I am trying to tie up loose ends, planning my trip & making sure all will be well at home while I am gone. Freakin’ out man….

4 comments:

Count Mockula said...

Don't worry, Thea. It's gonna be so much better than fine... It's gonna be FRICKIN' AWESOME.

David Tellez said...

Listen to count! Just remember to relax and enjoy yourself, cuz who knows when you'll get another chance to soak up the sun at a Mediterranean shore?

Suzanne said...

Man, I did not know that you were not taking a a leave of absense for your trip, but acutally leaving. I think that is great. Until May 1, I was also terrified of leaving my job without having anything else. (OK, granted I have a spouse, so it is less scary for me.) I agree that it is a huge step, but it is going to be GREAT! I envy you.

Anonymous said...

Hold it together Althea you can do it! Noticed I stopped mailing you. Left you alone to business...Have fun on your trip. I am hoping that JS & I may take one some day?
Enjoy the drinks on the beach...