Friday, May 02, 2008

Going to California


I'm at work listening to my Ipod as I am working & Led Zeppelin's "Going to California" is on & it totally reminds me of the last time I was in Greece. I was leaving Piraeus, the harbor you usually take all your ferry's out of Athens, for Naxos & not really having fun and missing home & if I close my eyes right now, I can smell the ocean and feel the ocean breeze and see Athens slowly sailing away from me. I felt so lonely and so far away from home and everything I love at that moment. The pic above doesn't even begin to show you the immenseness of the harbor and Athens in the background. You are going pretty fast on the ferry, but it seems like you are just inching along because the city is so big. This song totally reminds me of how I was feeling; free, but really really lonely and small.

1 comment:

Count Mockula said...

I enjoyed reading this. Very evocative.