Friday, April 25, 2008

Taco Toe... 1st Strike!

I went to the podiatrist and he removed the ingrown side of the nail. He said that if it continues to grow in jacked up, he can remove the side and cauterizing it. It hurt like a mo-fo. The Novocaine hurt the most. He had to double dose me with it because I am a total wimp. First of all, I hate having anyone touch my feet. I got a thing about my feet. Second, I was "ouch...ouch...ouch..." and giggling uncontrollably because it hurt. My poor mom; I was holding her hand & squeezing it. Third, I am a totally wimp when it comes to pain. I couldn't even watch while he was doing the procedure. It is so strange, I can watch the grossest stuff on TV or whatever, but I can't watch anything being done to me. I did want to see the gnarly piece he took out when he was done. It was long and thin and still had bits of toe flesh on it. Darn, I should've taken a pic of it. I wasn't sure I could take pics & post here. This is my first. Yes, this is the dreaded Taco Toe under wraps. My mom gave me some Norco to take for the pain. Man, those things get you higher than a kite. I am still loopy & the last one I took was at 9pm last night. Well, after all is said & done, I am still alive & now my toe throbs to the beat of the Darth Vader march.

No comments: