Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Papa can you hear me? & Space Twisters...


Today is my dad's birthday. I still haven't talked to him since my aunt was first diagnosed with cancer and before that it was a year or so if I remember. My uncle keeps on trying to get my brother & me to go see him, but I am leaving it up to my brother if he wants to go see him. There was a big blow up between him & my brother. Not sure why he quit talking to me. That is just the way he is. Oh well. I don't take it personally because I know it wasn't me. I am sure someday I will have to talk to him again but it doesn't really get to me until today, father's day & the holidays. He's stubborn and I know that if we go up there, it will be like nothing had occurred. I am not sure if my brother will be able to accept that but I wouldn't expect anything less. Oh well. Stoopid stubborn Greeks. Happy birthday, asshole. Thanks for the DNA & good teeth... (Really, my mom has horrible teeth. I was lucky I got my fathers teeth. I never needed braces. My brother, not so lucky..)
On a lighter note, I was watching a special on the discovery channel last night on weather in the universe & I kinda got freaked out about some big space tornado. Here I am typing listening to "Lovertits" by Peaches, typing, being bored at work & somewhere out there a HUGE tornado thing is spinning. Oh FYI Neptune has the most powerful winds in the solar system. I guess it's weird because it only gets about 1% sunshine and scientists used to think that you need heat for wind. They say that because there is no friction on the planet, it just keeps getting faster & faster. Neptune averages 1000 mph wind. Crazy... I couldn't stay awake to learn about rain across the universe.

No comments: