Friday, July 01, 2005

The Cameo Conspiracy

I went downstairs to the little store located in my work building on my lunch to pick up a diet cherry Pepsi to quench my thirst on this hot summer day. Little did I know that I would come to realize & discover the biggest musical conspiracy of my lifetime....

THE CAMEO CONSPIRACY!!!!


Cameo's "Word Up" was playing on the radio & it was blasting. People were grooving to it. It was pretty packed in the store as it was lunch time. Young & old, everyone was grooving even if they didn't realize it. Then it hit me..... No one can dance to this song & look cool. It is impossible. Now I like "Word Up". I think it is a phenomenal song, but for some reason the grooving beat doesn't translate well into dancing. No one can dance to this song & not look like an idiot. No one. Cameo created this great, grooving & catchy song that has lasted close to 20 years as one of the best dance songs of all time that no one can dance to without looking like a complete dufus.. Brilliant!!!

1 comment:

Count Mockula said...

I look hot dancing to anything. Try me tomorrow night!