Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dude, are you sure we’re not related?

I am dating a guy who’s Greek. This is the first time I’ve ever dated a Greek man. I think it’s because I am related to pretty much all Greeks in Sacramento in one way or another so I think of Greek men as cousins. Well, while getting to know each other, I found out that his family is from Crete…. My family is from Crete…. Crete is a big island, right? Well it turns out that both our families are from the same Village. Then we noticed that we have the same feet. Now this sounds funny but I just read “Middlesex” which, for those of you that haven’t read it, is about an inbred Greek family so you can see why I would be a bit freaked. He thinks it’s funny…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin is hot,

She sorta looks like Peter Sellers....wife....

Much Love
Evil "Old Faithful" Betty

Count Mockula said...

Bahhahahaah! I read that. So, um, who are you dating?

Murph said...

Possible incest should be put on the back burner for now. Does he know about the pube?

gynagirl said...

Yes I told him about the pube. It's okay because he is older than I am.

BigBill said...

Well if you have kids they will come out with the ability to play the banjo built right into their DNA!!! (Deliverance the movie)
Caught your blog thru The TOL

Anonymous said...

Are you related to the Tsakapolous and Angelides families? If os, loan me $5.

gynagirl said...

Our kids would come out playing the "bouzouki" not a banjo ;) I don't think I am related directly to them but I know that Angelo was at my baptism.

Suzanne said...

I tried to read that, but somehow just never got past the part before the grandparents hooked up, which is the beginning. I am sure that it will not end the same way for you. You don't have braids and dead parents and live in a provincial town. See? Totally different. OK, maybe not the provincial town part...

Anonymous said...

Al I saw you and he this weekend walking past Greg Pond's studio on 21st- - funny I didn't notice any resemblence? Anyway sorry I didn't say "hi" - - good luck with that...remember only people in Rio Linda inbreed. LOL

David Tellez said...

The same feet...ok, maybe I should check out that book, cuz I so dont get that one..