Monday, July 31, 2006

Goddamn tree & thoughts about Elton John...

A couple of weeks ago I was at Greeky's apartment & he woke me up early in the morning to tell me that a huge branch fell on my car. I run outside & thank gawd there was only scratches & a couple of dents on my car. No broken windows which is amazing because this branch was about 15 feet long & about 80 lbs. Well I go over to Greeky's on Friday night & park in front of his apartment under the poltergist tree but pull forward so I am not directly under the damn thing. I get my overnight bag outta my trunk & head to Greeky's. I get to Greekys apartment & he is heading outside to take the trash out or something & he comes back & about 5 minutes have passed since I've gotten there & he tells me that "a branch fell on your car again"...... What the fruit! I run outside & yes the f*cking tree has dropped another HUGE branch on my car, but this time since I pulled up a little past the tree, it just tagged my trunk. No broken glass, but more dents & scratches. Why does the tree hate me so?

On a completely different note, I got to burn Elton Johns greatest hits to my ipod. Man do I loves me some Elton John. I forgot how much I dug his old stuff. I'm talking "Tiny Dancer", "Rocketman", "Levon", "Your song" & "Daniel". I must look like a complete tard in my car singing "Levon" at the top of my lungs like my life depended on it.

What are some of your guilty music loves? I am curious to see what abominations are rocked out to in secret...

5 comments:

Murph said...

It doesn't get any gayer than my fondness of Vanessa Carlton music. Well, maybe some of the country music that I like might be even gayer.

Anonymous said...

Def Leppard. Wanna get rocked?

David Tellez said...

Maybe you should park the car, like, down the street, away from the tree and the house! I mean, seriously, what next? Flat tires? Busted motor? Sheesh...

Anonymous said...

Steely Dan, the really poppy stuff like 'Reeling in the Years' & 'Peg'. What neighborhood is the psycho tree in? If we are talking about Arden then duh, everything that cannot leave there goes insane.

-portland

gynagirl said...

My truly guilty musical pleasure are Hall & Oats and Kenny Rogers.

His place is downtown & no, I no longer park anywhere near the tree of car death.

ps, Steely Dan RULES!!!!