Monday, May 09, 2005

Steal of the Century

Today we walked about 80+ blocks.... New York blocks... Kiki & I had drinks at CBGB's (I was disappointed because the beer was very flat & expensive, but what the hell) & I tagged the outside with a Gyna sticker.... We walked throughout Soho, Greenwich Village & lots of other places. While in Soho on the outer parts of it which I think was the outskirts of China town, there were tons of street vendors. One had a bunch of pipes. There was one rather large good looking water pipe. The vendor wanted $25 bucks for it. I talked him down to $15. This pipe would cost me over $60 easily at home. I haggled & got something cool in return. I feel proud! I also got a cool pair of sunglasses from another vendor for $3. We walked & walked & walked & Kiki did a bunch of shopping. We were a couple of blocks away from the empire state building. We will visit that tomorrow. We had a DELICIOUS dinner with my uncle at a Brazilian restaurant. It was very swanky, but meat central. These guys walked around with HUGE skewers of all kinds of meat & sliced it off in front of you & served you right there. Man was it good. No drinking for Kiki & I until the weekend. We are just exhausted from walking so much. Better so, the bars will be safe until Friday. Tomorrow we will be hitting Elis Island & the Statue of Liberty. We probably will be seeing the Empire State Building in the evening. Peace out to you West Side Beyatches!!!!!

No comments: