Thursday, March 30, 2006

'Tis a sad sight for sober eyes.

Yesterday I met Drummergirl for lunch at a new little Frenchie soup shop, which is tre bon. While we were eating I spot some guy accross the street with a dog & wearing a headband just like Loverboy so I tell Drummergirl, "Hey look. It's Loverboy with a dog". We giggle & continue our lunch. A few minutes later Loverboy & two jacked up looking punk chicks are at the window of Frenchies cafe. I do a double take because Loverboy looks an awful lot like an old friend that I haven't seen in about a year & half, Frodo Burnvictim, but if Frodo was strung out on Heroin or speed & about 10 years older. I whisper to Drummergirl "Hey, is that Frodo Burnvictim?" She looks & says that it looks like him, but it couldn't be because this guy is all jacked up. When I got home I called Kiki & told her about what we saw. She confirmed that it was probably him. How f*ckin' sad. Ugh, it's very weird to be on lunch from our respective government jobs with one of my best friends & see someone from our past soooo jacked up. It's so sad. Anytime I see someone that I knew from my early twenties that I used to see at partys or even who I partied with now & they look just horrible & strung out, it always weirds me out.

Here are some happier tales of Frodo Burnvictim...

How Frodo Burnvictim got his name; The Burnvictims used to be our brother band. If either of our bands got gigs, we would push for the other to be on the bill. Frodo was the bassplayer. When we met him I thought he looked just like Frodo. His hair was just like Frodo's hair. Hence Frodo Burnvictim.

Mockula & Frodo; Mockula like to mess with Frodo because he was young & punk & put up a good tough front. There was an instance where she crawled accross a bar in a sexy manner & was sexy talking Frodo. Frodo was bright red the whole time still trying to keep his punk face on, but it was impossible because Mockula is such a hottie. I found out a couple of months later that on the way home from the bar he had to take a moment & "finish the job" in some bushes.

Frodo, Billie & Cootie; Frodo would be at our (Kiki's & mine) apartment alot because Kiki was dating the guitarist from the Burnvictims. My cat Billie hates everyone but me, but she loved
Frodo. He had a way with cats. He was sooo sweet with them.

Frodo had to stay with Kiki, her boyfriend & I for a little when he passed out on a roof & fell off onto a glass table & broke many things. Yes, he was a dumb punk, but he was really sweet & nice when you got to know him. He was such a little cutie. So sad....

1 comment:

David Tellez said...

Yeah, I was wondering how he got a name like that. I mean Burnvictim isnt a name you hear to often, you know? But yeah, it's sad when you see people from your past, and you wonder what happened to them. But I guess, in some weird way, it's good, because it helps us realize what we fear to become and helps us fight being like Frodo, you know