Thursday, March 02, 2006

You want me to do what? With the olive oil?

The baptism was beautiful & fun. I lost my voice 2 days before so I read the God stuff like Stevie Nicks without the goat sound. I didn’t know who Pontius Pilates was so when I read his name it was like “point-tus pilates (like the exercise)” but in a Stevie Nicks voice. When I was a kid & was forced to go to church, all the masses were in Greek. After a while, my brother & I would skip Sunday school go across the street to the park & play & spend our donation money on snowcones. So Pontius Pilates is new to me. Beastos screamed like a banshee when the priest dunked him several times in the big urn thing. Then I had to recite more God stuff & rub olive oil all over his little nekked body. Man Greeks really do take the whole olive oil thing seriously. Then about 45 minutes later the ceremony was complete. Well almost. They failed to tell me before hand that I have to take Beastos to church for communion for 3 Sundays in a row to seal the deal. Man, I gotta go to Church for the next 3 Sundays. At the reception, my aunt has a chocolate fountain. Kiki made a deal with Zoecifer that if she ate a chocolate covered tomato that she could eat what ever she wanted for the rest of the evening. Zoecifer ate the atrocious concoction & proceeded to have her face covered in chocolate for the rest of the evening. A lovely evening all in all.

Is anyone else disturbed by the commercial where it shows a little crying girl going into her parent’s room because she can’t sleep without her blankie that apparently is lost? The dad takes her to bed & gives her a roll of toilet paper to sleep with. Heh? I know it’s not used or anything, but that’s just gross. “Here honey, cuddle up with some of daddies skid-marked undies”..

2 comments:

Count Mockula said...

Bah ha! I love the Pontius Pilate thing. As you know, I'm not a big "God" person, so I looked up Pilate because he's in the lyrics to "Sympathy for the Devil" and because David Bowie played him in "The Last Temptation of Christ.

Well, no wonder you needed all the oil! Geez...

You have to go to mass, neener neener neener! Does that mean band practice is off?

Kiki is evil, but I love it.

David Tellez said...

I used to hate going to church as a kid, cuz I never could pronounce the names right, and kids would laugh and say, "How do you not know how to say it?! It's so easy!" Of course now I get to laugh at them, cuz I can pronounce Christian Louboutin and they cant.