Monday, October 17, 2005

What do you get when you cross a cheese grater, Michael Jackson's originals nose & asphalt?

I'm alive & on vicodin so I am a little loopy right now. The surgery went fine. My mom told me I freaked out when I was coming out off the anesthesia & they had to give me Demerol to calm me down. Other than that it went off without a hitch. It was odd in preop when I had to undress in the preop room with lots of people around me. I had a curtain, but it still felt weird taking off my panties while everyone was around. After the surgery, my nose was stuffed with gauze & about 3x's the normal size it usually is. It looked like Michael Jackson's original nose. I was worried that when they took the stuffing out, I would have a floppy nose. I also had gauze taped to my nostrils to catch all the blood n stuff that came out. It felt like I had a permanent icee headache & that they sliced open my nose & rubbed my face in asphalt. I told my mom that I think the doctor took a swing at me when I was under. No bruising or anything cool like that, just a huge stuffed leaky nose. I had to sleep sitting up for 4 days. I didn't get much sleep that way since I am a face down belly sleeper. Lost about 5 lbs from the stomach flu & eating nothing but soup & Jell-O. Now the pain has moved into cheese grater territory. It hurts to even think about my nose, but I can sniff through both nostrils, which is a first in many many years. The stuffing removal was one of the most painful things I have felt in my life. I get the splints out on Friday so that should be fun. Got a lot of catching up here at work, so I will write more latter.... Thanks for all the well wishing & a shout out to AJ. Glad you are back, buddy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're OK! Let's celebrate with an 8-ball of coke and some debate over the Pythagorean Theorem. Love u ...

monkeygirl said...

WOO HOO did you walk around in public looking beat up? Did you save the cyst? Or even get to look at it????

Count Mockula said...

That's so cool. You freaked out and had to get drugged into submission. Glad you're feeling better, cheese grater aside. I can't believe you can breathe through both nostrils already! How long has it been?

By the way, your word verifications are like the longest I've ever seen. Today mine is "qhuzyei"

gynagirl said...

M2S-Coke is so 80's. So does that make it cool again? Like Coke is the new heroin?

MG-Unfortunately I didn't look beat up. But it did make me think twice about being in a fight because it hurt so bad. I now know I am a big baby when it comes to facial pain. They didn't give me the sinus by-products :( I didn't even get to see it. I guess I'll never have closure & have to deal with the loss of my parasitic twin for years to come...

Mockula-I can't remember the last time I was able to breathe through both nostrils. I think high school? I am waiting for my word verification to be "Quief", then my life will be almost complete...