Thursday, November 17, 2005

More Tales of Gary the One-Eyed Wonder Cat

Gary has had a problem recently with scratching my bedroom door & my bedroom wall. The wall paper is shredded in one area. He sits there & meows at the wall & scratches at it. I know because of his breed that he is a very pitter-paw kitty & likes to figure out how to open things & picks things up with his paws, but last night I almost killed him. FYI, most people who know me know this, but I am a most cheery person most of the time, except when I am sleeping. I could beat a baby seal over the head with a bat & not remember it if it woke me up. Last night I locked the boys (Gary & Papi Pequeno) out of my bedroom because Billie Buttons & I were sleeping peacefully & the boys just wanted to run around & play. Around 2:47 am I start to hear Gary scratching & meowing at my bedroom door. Usually after a minute or two he will stop & go off & play, but not last night. He scratched on & on. After 5 minutes of this I got up & went to my kitchen & grabbed some Foil & some tape & headed back to my bedroom door. The whole time I am cursing the cat in cruel & unusual ways. If there was a K.P.S. (Kitty protective services) I would have my babies taken away from me for verbal abuse. So here I am cursing up a storm, threatening to take his only good eye, sitting & taping up tin foil with Santa tape so my bedroom door looks like a tweakers wet dream & it's almost three in the morning. I actually think the cats were laughing at me. I pat myself on the back for a good foil job & go to the potty before I retire again when I see Gary touching the foil with his pitter paw & start to shred it & eat it. Aluminum foil DOES NOT detour cats from scratching stuff. Back to square one & my trusty "Meow Meow Satan squirt bottle". I had to get up & squirt the hell out of Gary for about an hour before he finally gave up. Needless to say I am cranky today.

3 comments:

monkeygirl said...

Those damn tuxedo cats, I always love when Nibbler bats my eyelashes during REM, I too on several occasions would have been subject to the jurisdiction of KPS.

Anonymous said...

I *heart* crazy cat ladies

gynagirl said...

Tuxedo cats are too clever for their own good. I had to lock him in the bathroom last night.

Mensa, of course you "heart" crazy cat ladies. We have more pussy's than the average lady...