Monday, June 20, 2005

More Bad News, Papi Pequeno update & Freaking Like It Was 1988!

I'll start with the bad & end up with the good. I went to my great uncle's funeral on Friday, which was a nice service, & found out someone else died... After I promised my grandma that I would personally dig up my great grandfathers grave & bury her ashes with him, so I could stop her arguing with the guy burying my great uncles ashes, I found out that another person died. My mom didn't want to tell me when I was in New York & then she forgot. Friends of the family. His wife had died in October of Cancer & he couldn't stand to live without her, so he killed himself.

On to Papi. I took Papi to the vet Friday. He's 6 weeks old, so when I found him, he was only a month old. He does have ringworm, but other than that he is a very happy healthy kitty. All in all it'll cost me close to $300 for Papi. But this is a great Vet & it takes care of EVERYTHING. Fixed, shots, tests & everything. My mom talked my cousin into taking the cat for my goddaughters birthday at the end of August. It works out great. Papi will be done with all his stuff by then. Because of the ringworm, I tweaker cleaned my whole apartment on Saturday for like 8 hours. I even bleached the ceiling. Now Papi is quarantined, so now I am the biggest bitch in kitty land. Plus to add to my kitty popularity, I gave all the cats baths with the medicine just as a precaution. I know that they are plotting my demise while I sit here at work.

Saturday night Mensa 2 Society picked me up & we went to the Vida Loca party at the Golden Bear. He looked Vato-licious & I was representing Chola-hood with the black eyeliner & dark lipstick. I was not able to do my hair up like I used to in Jr High because it isn't layered that way, but I sported the dickies. Lots of people there were dressed so fly. Other than wanting to kill the DJ for mixing Morrissey & other music inbetween playing stuff like Cyprus Hill & Salt and Peppa, I had a smashing time. M2S & I freaked like we were in 8th grade all night long. Kiki & Inca met up with us a few hours into the dance-a-thon, & by then M2S & I were ripped beyond belief. It didn't take them too long to catch up to us though.. All in all I had a rocking time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, all that dryhump dancing made me chafe. Let's do it again!

gynagirl said...

Hell yeah! I'll wear a bottle of "Eternity" & you wear the "Cool Water" & it'll be on!