Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Papi Pequeno Saga Continues...

I emailed the people who I got Gary from. RAIN is a great organization. Check them out if you ever are looking to get a new pet. http://www.rainanimals.org/
They rescue animals from the pound & foster them out until they find homes for them. Great Great people. Most places would have let Gary die because of his eye, but these people cleaned him up & removed the punctured eye & now he is a big happy one eyed kitty. He also loves his mommy. I know because he likes to nurse in my armpit when he goes to sleep. He is a terror sometimes, though, but I love him anyways.... So I emailed the RAIN people & they said they could take Papi. I take him over to the lady's house & she takes a look at him & says "I can't take him". She wishes she could, but it looks like he has ringworm.... GREAT. "But", she says, "It looks like it is pretty healed up". She house full of fostering cats, so she can't take the little guy & risk the others. So I still have Papi. He is in isolation in the kitchen. Gary & Papi are going crazy because they want to play with each other so bad. The RAIN lady told me that I can give Papi baths every night with Head & Shoulders shampoo & that should take care of it. So last night I gave the poor little guy another bath. He looked like a little baby rat. Then I cleaned his ears. He actually liked that a lot. Tonight I must give him another bath & then try to tackle his little tiny dagger nails. I am so scratched up from bathing him. Now I am worried that I'll get ringworm. Oh well. He is soo cute that I'll go to the doctors if that happens. I gotta bleach, spray & vacuum the hell out of my apartment tonight, though. So I am going to get him fixed & get all his shots & hopefully find the little guy a good home. Until then, I will love him, cuddle him, hold him & call him Papi Pequeno.

No comments: