Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I want a Scottish Accent

Does anyone else ever want a Scottish accent sometimes? Sorry, just listening to Franz Ferdinand. Okay, here I go on a rant.... We got our stickers in yesterday & as Paris would say, "they're hot". It would be nice to get a gig, though. You'd swear this was SF not Sacramento. Seriously people, Sacramento has had Tesla, Cake & the Def Tones. Really that is all for the past, oh I don't know, 20 years? Playing at an old bar shouldn't take our first born to even get on the bill, should it? It's not CBGB's, right? I don't want to go out & get a hair cut that takes me 2 hours to get it perfectly messy like most the men in the music scene here. Why does wanting to rock in this town take more than a yearning to perform & a band? Why is it who you know? I know that is just the way the world is, but really, I don't want to have to suck Jerry Perry's manstick in order to get a gig.

2 comments:

Count Mockula said...

I hear you. There is rumored to be kind of an in-crowd, and we aren't really part of it. The sad thing is, we're offering not just us, but THREE all-girl bands, not cover bands or anything, but original, rockin' bands, all of which have had big shows at other venues and at the venue we're trying to get into. Never mind that it's for a good cause. It sucks. We just need another big name band, and we can do that. It will happen.

gynagirl said...

That really made me sad that there are only 3 girl bands in Sac. I think the show would be rad the line up we have. Old I sucks ass....